Friday 12 March 2010

Sandwich short of a picnic

Sorry about the blurry photo. I took it from the window of the car while Dad was driving.

It’s a sandwich shop, in case you hadn’t figured it out. But I didn’t take the photo ‘cause I’m a big fan of sandwiches … although I do like the occasional cheese and marmalade on a bit of brown bread.

No, I took it because the name reminded me of my annoying older sister, Nadine.

She’s not a big fan of sandwiches either, she’s not short and she doesn’t go for picnics. But put all those words together – ‘sandwich short of a picnic’ – and you’ve summed her up perfectly.

I blame it on her headphones. She’s always listening to music full blast in her room. It can’t do her brain any good.

She’s also in a band. Dental Treatment they call themselves. I reckon it’s ‘cause listening to them is more painful than having your teeth done.

Nadine doesn’t like me, but that’s okay because I don’t like her either.

That’s more than enough about Nadine. Next time I’ll write about something more cheerful, like swine flu or piles.

No comments:

Post a Comment