Saturday 20 February 2010

Ta-da! My first photo

Last year, I wrote a book. No one bought it.

It was called The Big Wow, and ‘big wow’ is the right thing to say when you look at the sales figures. (If you’re interested, you can still get hold of it here and here. Plenty of copies left!)

So this year I’ve decided to leave novel-writing behind and make my mark in the exciting world of photography. (Got a camera for Christmas and I’ve only just put in some batteries.)

Here, for your enjoyment, is the first of my attempts. It’s Clinton, next door’s cat.

What can I say about Clinton? He has a unique skill. Two, if you count flatulence.

Clinton has psychic powers. He knows where you want to be just split-seconds in advance, so that he can get to the exact same spot before your feet do. He loves getting in the way and trying to trip you up.

This photo is no exception. It was supposed to be of some marigolds in our back garden, but Clinton whooshed in out of nowhere, spluttered up a furball, then tried to lick the lens just as I took the picture.

Still, as first attempts go, I suppose it’s not bad. What do you think?

And you have to admit … my next photo can only be better. Wonder what it’ll be?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ben,

    Wonderful picture. I can only say that whilst I shall hereby continue to look in on your 'Life in Pictures', the best advice I can offer is NEVER trust a smiling cat!

    All the best,
    From one who did!

    ReplyDelete